Quick Tips Before You Select Virtual Receptionists For Your Company!
Regardless of the niche, industry and nature of operations, businesses need have at least one receptionist for managing calls and taking messages. While having an in-house assistant or receptionist is important, smaller companies and startups often don’t have the resources to manage the same. In fact, the cost of competent receptionists is way too hire, which is why many clients are now opting for virtual options. If you look around, you will find a bunch of companies that offer live answering services, and some like https://www.receptionhq.com have credible reputation in the industry.
In this post, we will talk about the aspects you must consider before selecting a virtual receptionist.
- Check if the company is based in your country. You don’t want someone back in China to answer your clients in the US. Apart from the obvious accent problem, virtual receptionists based in other countries may not fully understand your requirements. Always find a company that is local and reliable.
- Custom aspects matter. Whenever a client calls your company, the virtual receptionist should greet him/her with your script. Since every client is different, live answering services are expected to offer custom assistance for all clients, so that their respective goals are achieved. Answering services must seek your inputs on the script and other aspects.
- Do they offer a trial period? Now, this is another aspect that you cannot afford to ignore. It is rather impractical to hire virtual receptionists on contract unless you have tried or checked their services. Most of the better services will offer a trial period, which usually doesn’t exceed seven days.
- Basics must be considered. How many virtual receptionists does the company have? What is their response time? Do they offer 24/7 answering services? At the end of the day, you are hiring an answering service because you want to answer all calls and reach your clients, and for that, maximum assistance is important.
- Pricing and references. Today, live answering services are extremely affordable, but the concept of affordability depends on many factors. Keeping your requirements in mind, get the pricing estimate. You may also want to ask for a few references. A live answering service that has been around for years will never shy away from talking about clients.
Check online now and shortlist a few options. You should also consider the size of the company and the number of clients it has served and is current serving.